This is me
in a nutshell
- Learning Junkie (just one more course, or book, or article…)
- Networking Queen and people connector
- Lose track of time when in the zone
- Have laptop, will travel
- Love my office – eat lunch at desk (then go for a walk)
- Unemployable (I’m the boss of me)
- Meditator (got to have some headspace)
- Think that every act of business can be a force for good
- Adore my beloved spouse, friends, and family
- Am thankful for my life on Canada’s amazing west coast Every. Single. Day. (Except on the 24th day of rain in a row or the second hour of that crazy traffic jam)
Who I Am
I didn’t grow up with visions of business coaching dancing in my head, but there were early signs.
I was an entrepreneurial teenager, who combined working as a short order cook, with babysitting gigs, and teaching conversational French classes while saving up for university. Once I was in the world of “serious work”, I quickly discovered that the life of a bureaucrat was simply hell for me, although it fed the kids.
So, when I got the chance to buy a business with a friend, I jumped at it, scraped enough money together to purchase a childcare agency, convinced a bank to give us a line of credit to keep afloat and over time, grew our revenues to about $800,000.00 annually. I loved what we were doing and had great fun in spite of the terror I felt from time to time! Sold it 5 years later very profitably. And all without an MBA or commerce degree! Who knew?
Since then I’ve invested over $100,000 in my business education. Trained and became an International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach so I could help with the inner journey of business too. All those workshops, classes, certifications, coaches, and mentors have created a solid foundation of knowledge and experience that I’d like to share with you. You might have to do it yourself, but you don’t have to do it alone.